About The Thyroid Gland
The thyroid is one of the most important glands in your body. Perfect thyroid function is essential for your general health, metabolism and overall sense of wellbeing. In addition, the thyroid influences almost every other organ in your body.
Thyroid conditions are very common. You may have an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) or an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) which can cause a variety of symptoms such as fatigue, changes in weight, issues with bowel habits and changes in your hair and skin. In addition, nodules of the thyroid occur in 4-7% of the general population.
One of the biggest problems in the field of thyroidology is that the range of normal for thyroid function varies so widely. It is essential that your physician takes a careful history and performs a thorough physical examination, along with evaluating special thyroid tests. In doing so, your thyroid function can be accurately assessed and properly treated.
The physicians at PBDES have over 150 years of cumulative thyroid experience from the finest institutions in the United States. Our team of dedicated specialists will work with you throughout the course of your thyroid treatment. We offer specialized thyroid care at our offices located in Wellington, Jupiter, Boynton Beach, and West Palm Beach.
Our office is uniquely equipped to assist you with your thyroid condition:
- Treatment protocols are recommended after a comprehensive review of your specific symptoms and test results
- Same-day diagnostic and screening services for thyroid conditions allow you to receive your diagnosis faster
- All offices at PBDES have the same state-of-the-art high definition ultrasound machines
- On site laboratory for fast reliable results
- Supportive post-operative care is available following thyroid cancer surgery
- In-house I131 hot lab to treat hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer, supervised by Lab Director Dr. Jaime Steinsapir